The Agriculture Consultative Committee was established by the ACCC to provide advice and information on issues affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the Act), and to provide a forum where competition and consumer law concerns related to the agriculture sector can be considered and addressed collaboratively.
The committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by ACCC Commissioner, Mick Keogh.
Members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and industries within the agriculture sector including peak bodies, industry associations, and industry advisors. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion and members typically hold office for a period of two years.
We do not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues and processes affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Act
- emerging issues or market developments of concern to the agriculture sector
- information dissemination strategies and appropriate networks available to enhance communication with the agriculture sector, and
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
- Australian Chicken Meat Federation – Dr Vivien Kite
- Australian Food and Grocery Council – Ms Shalini Valecha
- Australian Grape and Wine – Mr Tony Battaglene
- Australian Grape and Wine – Mr Ben Rose
- Australian Meat Industry Council – Mr Patrick Hutchinson
- Australian Pork Limited – Mr Andrew Robertson
- Australian Sugar Milling Council – Mr David Pietsch
- Ausveg – Mr James Whiteside
- Canegrowers – Mr Warren Males
- Cotton Australia – Mr Adam Kay
- Crop Life Australia – Mr Nicholas Langley
- Egg Farmers Australia – Mr John Dunn
- GrainGrowers Limited – Mr David McKeon
- Grain Producers Australia – Mr Shane Gale
- Grain Trade Australia – Mr Pat O’Shannassy
- Growcom – Mr David Thomson
- Murray Valley Winegrowers Inc – Mr Mike Stone
- National Farmers’ Federation – Dr Prudence Gordon
- National Irrigators’ Council – Mr Steve Whan
- NSW Farmers’ Association – Mr Matt Waring
- Primary Producers SA – Mr Trevor Ranford
- Sheep Producers Australia – Mr Stephen Crisp
- Voice of Horticulture – Ms Tania Chapman
- WA Farmers – Mr Tony York
- Warakirri Asset Management – Mr Adrian Goonan
- West Australian Broiler Growers Association & Free Range Egg and Poultry Australia Limited – Mr Robert Kestel